As mentioned in an earlier post, my classroom’s reward system was called the “Caught Being Awesome” Jar. When I saw kids following the classroom rules, they would get a slip to add to the jar. Well, we filled that jar for the first time on July 10th! To celebrate, we did exploding balloon art!
- PAINT SHIRTS and OLD bathing suits (Trust the bold words!)
- Tempera paint in a variety of colours
- Garbage Bags
- Large Paper Roll
- Using a funnel, add some paint to a balloons
- Blow it up
- Add it to a jumbo garbage bag for easy transport and a contained mess in case of a POP
- Roll out some large paper outside and dump the un popped balloons
- Unleash the kids!
This activity was sooooo much fun and the kids loved it. To add to their artwork, some of the popped balloons even stuck to the paper which we used as a mural for the inside of our classroom
NOTE: Make sure you are ok with paint splatter. We decorated the shed and windows of our centre, however it washed off after a few good July storms!